A truly professional medium for Coast Guard Licensed Captains and boat owners to connect! Whether you are a novice boater looking to hire a Captain for basic boat handling, docking or to gain knowledge of the maritime rules on the waterways or a seasoned boat owner looking for the night off for a relaxing cruise with friends, we have a captain or mate for you. Sometimes it may be that you would like to take a week long trip and have a captain along so you can just anchor up and relax. We also have in our profiles mates that are available for fishing charters or long term voyages depending on your needs.
Just click on the services that you require and browse thru the maritime professionals available to you.
May the weather always be pleasant and your boating be safe.
After having been on this website for only a month or so, I have received 3 jobs from it. All three were from being contacted through inquiries. Definitely worth the small annual fee. The site or its owner do not try an take any other fees what-so-ever. I am very happy with my decision to sign up.
Date Of Service June 4, 2016 to June 25 2016
Comments We cannot thank Captain Larry Short enough for relocating our boat and allowing us to have the adventure of a lifetime. Our boat is an old but well kept dame, a Carver 42AFT that we purchased in Mallard\'s Bay, and brought her down to Waterford, NY through the Champlain Canal. My wife and I had decided that we wanted to relocate the boat to Florida, and had debated whether we wanted to do it solo or hire a Captain. While the trip down the Champlain was enjoyable, we knew that too much time was spent stressing and worrying. So we decided we really wanted to have a great trip, and not have 21+ days of stress. We contacted a few sites offering captain services, but we opted for Boat Captain\'s recommendation the moment we spoke with Captain Short. He was reassuring, and communicated with us very clearly and the more we spoke with him, the more at ease we felt. Captain Short was just the perfect person for the job. I was able to learn channel navigation, to be at the helm for long stretches, while Captain Short observed, corrected and highlighted best practices. The Captain was very professional, and we were so relieved on those occasions where expert hands and experience was required. Captain Short attended to minor mechanical problems, guided me on maintenance issues, and was readily available to address any concerns. At the end of 21 days, we had not only met a great reliable and professional Captain, but walked away with a new friend. He truly made the trip safe, fun and enjoyable. The fact that he also shared his favorite spots along the way...great marinas, restaurants, worth visiting ports was icing on the cake. I would not hesitate to call on Captain Short for future trips, or for consultation. I highly recommend him as an expert navigator. Bill Day
I am very glad to be able to comment on the many different skills off Captain Larry Short, to whoever is reading this testimonial and is in need of a great captain. I recently worked with Captain Short, to deliver my boat from Norfolk VA to Fort Lauderdale Florida. The events during this long challenged Captain Short in many ways, but he passed all of these with flying colors:
1. Anyone who would like to have a boat/yacht picked up from or delivered to a large transport ship, should be aware of the many scheduling problems related to the ports and vessel itself. When we experienced these, I was very impressed with the superb patience, adaptability and flexibility, Larry demonstrated under stress.
2. My boat came from overseas, with minimal battery power, and fuel reserve. Larry was able to take her from the middle of the sea to the nearest marina at the shore successfully. In addition, he further demonstrated his mastery in navigation and knowledge of the whole east coast, when he took my boat from marina to marina and from US Coastal to open sea, throughout the trip, calculating the fuel according to the utilization of the engine and distance to the next stop. He always preferred the safest route for the boat and it's passengers, regardless how hard the skill set the path required. His eye was almost always on the horizon and the control panel. I was amazed at his discipline.
3. His wife Kerry had an incredible passion for the boat and took care of the boat daily, as if she was her own, keeping it crystal clean.
4. During this journey we had a number of problems, from windshield wiper and depth finder and autopilot malfunction to transmission fluid leak. He fixed some himself and handled others safely, till the boat reached to the marina for repairs. I was also very impressed with knowledge as well as his mechanical skills and understanding.
6. He also helped me to find a good and reasonable fee repair facility, where the services can be performed in my absence, with his supervision. He readily volunteered to pick the boat up, when the repairs are done to the marina where it will stay.
7. I also observed him when he helped to another Captain in his group moving another boat during our trip. Larry made sure that this process went as smoothly, as if he was there and helped him at every step.
I truly believe that I was very fortunate to have him as my Captain, because of his superb experience, versatility, skills and relaxing confident attitude. So, I wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone who needs a true expert to trust his or her boat, a rather previous investment. He and the Captains under his watch, are dedicated to provide a meticulous and honest service. I hope that this testimonial will be of help to the next boat owner, to get his/her needs taken care of safely and to perfection, by Captain Short .
B Bilir MD